Sunday, August 23, 2026

Roadside Attractions

Next on our trip was to depart Red Lodge Montana. We took the Beartooth Highway and were wowed by the beautiful vistas as it climbs to 10,947 feet. It has plenty of pull-offs with many having places you can wonder or hike. Rock Creek Vista Point pull-off has a trail out to a point with amazing views (and bathrooms). There are lakes, glacial ice and waterfalls which made for a spectacular drive.




Then we traveled to the northeast entrance into Yellowstone National Park and through the Lamar Valley which did not disappoint! We saw hundreds of bison and some antelope. The bison were in multiple locations both off in the distance and close to or on the road. We spent quite a bit of time watching these magnificent beasts.  


Highly recommend the Beartooth Highway and Lamar Valley. No roadside attractions can compare so we didn’t even try πŸ˜‚

Our drive ended in Idaho to visit friends for a few days (Lisa & GregπŸ‘‹πŸΌ). Both Lisa & her mom are quilters and Lisa’s mom is the one taking the 3 1/2” squares off my hands. She is also taking several yards of baby fabric. I asked about those two things. I did not ask about the rest of things in the picture below πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ€£.
 

Included is the broken dishes quilt I’ve been trying to get myself to finish. I’ve made two large throws and a baby quilt from these blocks already and I just am not interested in one more. Lisa said she will take a stab at it 😁😁. I use leftover blocks/units when I can for pieced backings. I LOVE and sew with scraps but most leftover blocks/units are not my jam.  

Cheers, Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment