I quilted Quadrangle and got the binding and label made so when I get home from retreat, I can sew on the binding.
I ironed the wide backing for the Friendship Stars quilt.
And got it loaded on Sophie at which point I realized there is only a little over an inch margin of backing at the bottom 😬. See how closely I’ve placed the top of the quilt to the leader? I know I should have taken the backing off and added a strip of fabric…….but I didn’t!
So as soon as I get home from retreat, I’ll get it quilted….if you hear any loud wailing you’ll know the backing came up short 😩.
Cherie




You have gotten a lot done! Have fun at your retreat!
ReplyDeleteI always place my tops close to the rail, why waste pricey fabric!
ReplyDeleteI hope there is enough fabric. I have done a couple that were close and just made it.
ReplyDeleteI love the aqua and yellow together
ReplyDeleteOh I hate when that happens. I do the same thing. I try to squeak by at the end. Sometimes it works out... sometimes I have to make a few stitches on my domestic machine. Good luck. It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love the colors in Quadrangle. Fingers crossed the backing is long enough for the Friendship Stars quilt...and we'll hear a HOORAY and no wailing!! :)
ReplyDelete