What a wonderful group of women we have had at retreat. I was able to sit and hand sew while joining in on fun conversations and see wonderful projects growing on the design walls. After getting the hand sewing finished, I was able to come up with a design from the HST’s from cut off triangles from Jan & Lisa. The group thinks the project should be called “With a Little Help From My Friends”. More HST’s are needed so I didn’t sew any of them together.
I brought the stack of neutral 6 1/2” crumb blocks I had….turns out there were 101 blocks. I used 99 blocks and got them sewed together.
This will be the background for a great big red appliquéd flower on a big bendy green stem. I bought this red for the flower.
I also bought some other fabrics because there’s the cutest fabric shop at the retreat 😁.
Lastly, I sewed and trimmed 177 HST’s from even more cut off triangles from Jan. We asked ChatGPT (thanks Nancy!) how much fabric it takes of light and dark to make 177 HST’s and the answer was 7/8 of a yard of each, so 2 yards of fabric total!!!
We leave the retreat tomorrow and I fly home on Tuesday. It has been an amazing retreat.
We leave the retreat tomorrow and I fly home on Tuesday. It has been an amazing retreat.
Cheers, Cherie






that is a beautiful finish your friend did to that quilt - it is a wow factor!!
ReplyDelete