I’ve been sewing but haven’t been able to make myself blog which I’m blaming on feeling a bit under the weather. Not down and out but definitely not my regular ol’ self. For my 250th quilt I’ve gotten almost all the star blocks made, only three more sawtooth stars to go. I have three 9-patches to fix and they will be done as well. Here’s my design wall.
I made a second set of the Ohio Star blocks (below, new one on top, old one on the bottom) because I wasn’t totally happy with how dark the gold was in the first one. I changed the red and background fabric too. Now I’m wishing I hadn’t changed the red. I’ll wait until I can lay everything out and I might make them over one more time. Star blocks can always be used in another quilt.
I went to the Beaver Valley Piecemakers quilt show with my friend (hi Linda) last week. It was a great show with a wide variety of quilts. The venue had plenty of room for viewing the quilts and visit the vendors. I ended up taking the remaining yardage on the bolt of the blue Jason Yenter print and a yard each of the other two prints. The shop gave them to me for $6.00/yard. I also picked up the skull panel for the back of a quilt as the recipient will like it.
I unearthed some more flannel scraps and spent a bit of time cutting them into 4 1/2” squares for a friend to use for kid quilts. That’s a stack 7 1/4” high…..nice to
I’m heading out bright and early Tuesday for the annual Country Roads Shop Hop. This year I’m traveling with my husband….its nice to have a chauffeur π. I won a quilt kit last year from this shop hop that I donated to the Posey Area Fire Auxiliary (PAFA) annual fund raiser picnic. It is ranching country so a quilt with cowboy kids seemed a good fit.
I understand the winner, a woman, was very excited to have won it and that makes me happy. PAFA has raised enough money to purchase a fire response vehicle, jaws of life equipment, water tanks for fire fighting among other items. Posey is the area where our cabin, two doors down from my dad, is located.
Cheers, Cherie







No comments:
Post a Comment