I’ve gotten all the rows of stars sewn together and have sewn pairs of rows to each other. I have to iron the long seem between rows 7 & 8 and row nine blocks as seen in the foreground below but it is sooooo close to being a top!
I also managed to make the July BOM via leader/enders.
And, while showing our company my quilting studio, I noticed a box that contained a bunch more ovals appliquéd by my late friend Darlene. I have no idea why I didn’t remember them but here are all the ones we have done.
It will be a challenge to come up with something for these….maybe a top with nothing but ovals……guess we’ll see as I have a lot more prepared. We are taking a 2 month car trip in August-Sept so I’ll need loads to keep me busy. I’ll have at least one quilt binding to work on during the trip and maybe two, fingers crossed.
Cheers, Cherie



Great progress on the star quilt. Fun find with the ovals from your friend that had passed. It will be a sweet memory of her.
ReplyDeleteI like your BOM blocks. Wonder where you are tripping to for 2 months!
ReplyDeleteYou have made a lot of progress on the star quilt top! Almost sewn together! Woohoo! The BOM block is beautiful. Finding more oval blocks is a win-win, now just to figure out what to do with them. How big are the ovals? It would be a lot of work to embroider a little flower in each block, but it would add a little something something. A vintage or fancy button in each oval would be cute, but that would add a lot of weight.
ReplyDeleteI think a quilt with nothing but those oval blocks would be perfectly splendid. I created scrappy circles (v your ovals) during Audrey's Quilty 365 and made the quilt I named Moments in Time. https://quiltdivajulie.blogspot.com/2016/11/moments-in-time-quilt.html.
ReplyDeleteYou'll have your Friendship Stars quilt done in no time. I love all those ovals. Seeing them on the wall with little irregular glimmers of the wall showing between some of them, and in the present color layout, it looks like an art quilt such as one would see in the Yeiser building during Quilt Week.
ReplyDeleteWay to go on this star quilt top!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the ovals! And it's fun that you found more. Whatever you do with them will be fabulous!
Another road trip! Back to your cabin near your dad? I love that your'e thinking ahead to car projects. That's what I do too....although usually not this far ahead.
You've been busy, Cherie. A quilt of ovals isn't a bad idea. Your long road trip sounds like something to look forward to. I'm sure you have more than a few things to take along with you. I hope you share those fun daily roadside attractions, or things of interest.
ReplyDeleteI have made some quilts with nothing but circles your quilt would be lovely with ovals as is or with a very narrow sashing i think.
ReplyDeleteThe ovals are very interesting! What would they look like if you sliced them in half, either horizontally or vertically, and repieced them?
ReplyDelete