Harken back to earlier this year when we traveled home with The Traveling Flowers (also seen on the bottom of this post). The Traveling Flowers traveled with five companion flowers that included one for Quilt Diva Julie seen here. We had six rock flowers traveling home on this trip as well, including The Wandering Flowers which you can read about on MaryAnn’s blog here, here, here and here.
Spend some time wandering 😉 MaryAnn’s blog if you haven’t before as something is sure to bring you joy. Anyway, I boxed up The Wandering Flowers and sent them on their way…in a camouflaged wine box, hahahaha!You’ll notice it’s a pattern designed in honor of those touched by the 9-11 tragedy…….so for 15 years I’ve been “going to make this quilt”. It is my quilt to honor America’s 250th anniversary. Using something coming out of a tragedy for our country’s 250 anniversary may seem counterintuitive but my view is that I’m honoring America in all its history.
Cherie



No comments:
Post a Comment