Monday, September 28, 2026

About Time……

…..I got back into the swing of things! I have a couple of roadside attractions to catch you up on and a bit of quilting action too. 

First up is the silver lady Liberty in Aurora, CO. She’s in the middle of nowhere. We attempted to find Liberty last March by following instructions on the Roadeside Attractions website but ended up in a new subdivision with half built houses!  I was pretty determined to find her on the way home……turns out there’s a link on the website that opens the coordinates in Google Maps. 


The attraction for our Kansas leg was fun as it was in the middle of farmland and, while not too far off the freeway, it felt like going to a secret place. 




And I learned a new term, concretions. 


It is the smallest Kansas state park but a lovely stop on a beautiful day.

Our final attraction was another fabulous one at Lady Tron’s diner in New Albany, Indiana. A tiny diner with 10 stools at the counter, space related decorations and fabulous food.




And then we made it home! I wanted to jump right on the September BOM but couldn’t find it. Before we left, I cut the pieces needed for the final four BOM’s and Oct, Nov & Dec were in the box. After several days of looking, I finally located it in a project bag I’d just been gifted. 🙄🙄 Once I found it, I remembered I was going to take it with me but decided at the last minute not to. 

That wasn’t the end of the roadblocks either. I was missing a set of background pieces so first I looked for the background fabric which is no where to be found….not even any in the scrap drawers. So then I found a similar enough fabric I could use but thankfully I thought to double check all the months. I found the missing pieces in the Dec stack. Whew! Here’s Sept’s block.


And here’s all the blocks I’ve finished so far.


Whew! I didn’t intend this post to be so long so if you’ve read the whole thing, you deserve a gold star ⭐️.

Cherie 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun road trip you had! I'm glad you found the missing pieces! The block turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roadside attractions were all very interesting. The diner looked like a fun place to eat. Your BOM is looking good so far. I'm glad you were able to find everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it back home safely, thanks for sharing your roadside finds:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the variety of roadside attractions! I'm glad you were able to get back in the sewing room and find all the pieces you needed for your block. The blocks on the wall are looking good! Is this for you or for a gift?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your roadside attractions. We've seen some interesting ones over the years. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete