I finally finished the friendship star blocks for the king sized quilt. Phew!
This quilt was requested by my husband for a friend’s son & partner and will be going to England when I get it finished. It’s a good thing Sophie has a 14” table. Did I mention there will be 432 inches of binding?!?! 😳
Cheers, Cherie
Those king size quilts do take a while to make. I hope the quilting goes well on it.
ReplyDelete108" square! That's a lot of beautiful stars. Congrats on getting it to this point. They are going to LOVE it! Such a wonderful gift.
ReplyDeleteThat is a big quilt! I have made a few that big and it is a job! At least you have Sophie to quilt it. I quilted mine on my Pfaff! Call me crazy! LOL!! It will be a wonderful quilt!
ReplyDeleteOh I love that! I have lots of black/white/grays that would look great in other colorways too-no I can't start another new quilt!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome quilt this is going to be. And I hope you might consider machine binding this one given all those inches!
ReplyDeleteThat's huge! Glad Sophie can accommodate it. That'll be a lot of quilting and a lot of binding! I like your layout with the dark border.
ReplyDeletelooks pretty - nice colors.Yes that length of binding will take a bit if by hand mine usually take a week at least when I'm not rushing it.
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous! I'm amazed at all you get done!
ReplyDeleteYikes! The binding sounds almost scary!!! But a queen-size is just as intimidating, in my opinion. This truly is going to be beautiful. What a wonderful gift!
ReplyDelete